Monday, July 19, 2010

The first baby step.

Hello everyone! Well, here goes nothing!
I am starting this blog as a record of what I will be and am going through on my journey with a gastric lap band. This is, all at once, scary and exciting. On the one hand, the fear of surgery is in the back of my mind. There are no guarentees that I will come through with flying colors, or without complications. That I guess, is the nature of surgery. At this stage in my life, I am more afraid of being fat, than I am of the complications of surgery, or the lap band itself.
This year, is the year I turn 30. It is also the year I have chosen to take control of my life. Take control from the trauma of my past, the decisions of the present, and the outlook for my future. I have been kicking around the idea of gastric surgery for a few years. In January, I started seriously considering it. I also procrastinated in finding out if my insurance covers it. On July 2nd 2010 is the day I finally asked my doctor if it was a possibility. That is also the day I called my insurance company.
The good news is, that I do have bariatric coverage. The bad news is that I could still be denied. Cross your fingers! I am throwing this out to the universe, a plea, from wichever deity that you believe in, please please please find a way to let this happen for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment