Thursday, July 22, 2010

Getting my ass in gear.

Eat less. Move more. Simple really. I MUST get my ass moving if I am going to be successful on this journey. AS well as needing to fulfill the exercise requirements for treatment. I talked to one of the guys I work with, who just happens to do a little bit of personal training as a sideline gig. He seems to think that the couch to 5k program CAN work. It will just be tough. He advised me to take it slow, and double up on the total number of weeks that I do each step. Instead of 9 weeks, this will take 18, just to make sure that I am really ready to take each new step, as well as gradually ease myself into it. He thinks I should also re-evaluate after week six to see if doubling the weeks is working for me.
I didn't want to purchase the whole program from I.Tunes. SOOOOO A little bit of Google action, and I found THIS!
THE PODCASTS!
Podcasts, one for each week, that includes music, and instructions on when to run, when to walk, when to warm up and when to cool down! Holy Hannah! SUHHHWWEEETTT!
I am STILL contemplating taking the before pictures, and posting them.... Not sure that I have the balls to do so. Still seriously thinking though.

No comments:

Post a Comment